The Holy Spirit: God’s Positioning System 1



Good morning friend. How has been your week? Happy New Month. This month you shall receive clear cut directions from the Lord on long-standing issues.

Many times, we are faced with situations, challenges and circumstances that we desperately seek answers to. We pray, we fast, and we do some other things that have been ingrained in us to do, and yet there’s still no result. These scenarios have been a cause of concern to me over the years, and I’m still yet to totally figure out the answer (after all I am human).

For someone like me who needs the aid of a recommended glasses to see clearly, it’s kind of hard to do without wearing them. The glasses have become sort of a GPS (Global Positioning System) for me. Whenever it is off, I feel ‘blind’ even though I’m not. Whenever I take it off for a few minutes and people who have never seen me without it do, they act funny, and begin to ask ridiculous questions such as “Can you see me?”, “Are you sure you are seeing clearly?”. For crying out loud, I’m not blind. Others approach me saying, you look different without the glasses. Of course, I do, isn’t that obvious.

This is how a believer without the Holy Spirit is. And when I say ‘without’, I am referring to a believer who’s not conscious of His presence in Him nor yields to his promptings. The Holy Spirit is resident in every believer (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19) and he’s not going to leave us but would abide with us forever (John 14:16). Now the question may arise, “But David said in Psalm 51:11, ‘Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.’” However, it is important to note that David was not born again, hence he was not a believer. Secondly, in the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit did not take abode in people, He just came upon them for specific assignments as was the case of Bezalel (Exodus 31:1) and Samson (Judges 14:19).

Now since the Holy Spirit dwells in our spirit forever, and is not leaving us, why on earth do believers live their lives like people without direction? The simple answer to this is, many are not conscious of His ever dwelling presence. Hence, they live their lives void of his direction. The Holy Spirit is a gentle man who would not force His counsel upon us, but would prompt us. His promptings are NOT always spectacular.

Dear friend, the Holy Spirit is waiting earnestly to converse with you. Speak with Him. He has the answer to any and every question you may have. Engage him, and see your life take a drastic shift for the better.

Until we meet next time. Remember. Jesus is Lord.

Remain blessed.

Selah.

Comments